One in eight drivers are out there on the road with no insurance at all! That’s why in Missouri and Illinois, uninsured motorist coverage is automatically included on all automobile insurance policies. So, if you have auto insurance, even if it is a liability only policy, you have uninsured motorist coverage.
Many people think that they don’t have a claim if they get hit by a driver that doesn’t have insurance, or if they get hit by someone who flees the scene of the collision and remains unknown. This is not true. As long as you have insurance, or if there is insurance on the vehicle you are in, you will still be covered for your injuries. In these situations, your insurance company steps into the place of the coverage that should have been there for the at-fault driver.
Here are some other things you might not know about uninsured motorist coverage:
• It covers you if you are hit by someone with no insurance
• It covers you in hit and run situations where the at-fault driver is unknown
• It covers you if you are hit as a pedestrian
• It covers you if you are a passenger in someone else’s vehicle that gets hit by an uninsured motorist
At Sauter-Sullivan, we’re experts at making sure you get the settlement you deserve if you’ve been in an auto accident with someone who’s uninsured or underinsured. Here are some of the verdicts and results that prove it.
- Kevin Sullivan Helps Car Accident Victim Get $355,000 Settlement from Underinsured Motorist Coverage - In June, 2014, a high level executive with a financial services firm was injured in a rear end car accident in St. Louis, Missouri, and suffered injuries to his neck and back, including a disc herniation in his cervical spine. Immediately following the accident, he was shaken up but thought he would be fine. After […]
- Chris Geldmacher Gets $225,000 Car Accident Settlement for Woman Involved in Two Car Accidents in One Month - In August of 2018 a woman was involved in two car accidents in one month in North St. Louis County, Missouri. The woman suffered pain in her neck and lower back. So, she went to the emergency room, and then followed up with a chiropractor. Despite multiple treatments her pain persisted. The chiropractor order MRIs […]
- Over $175,000 Awarded to Motorcycle Accident Victim - A man who was injured in a motorcycle accident came to Sauter Sullivan for help. The client was passing a truck on a two-lane road in St. Charles County, Missouri, when a truck made a left hand turn into the client’s motorcycle. The initial police report wrongly blamed the accident on Sauter Sullivan’s client, claiming […]
- Matthew Sauter Obtains a $150,000 Settlement Consisting of $50,000 on a Liability Policy and $100,000 on an Underinsured Policy - Our client had a prior back fusion and was involved in a subsequent motor vehicle accident. She was concerned that the accident would cause problems to her prior fusion. Sauter Sullivan obtained the services of an orthopedic surgeon to review the case, and the surgeon indicated that our client may need additional surgery in the […]
- $53,000 Plus Medical Bills Received on an Uninsured Motorist Claim - Two clients of the Sauter Sullivan law firm, a grandmother and granddaughter, were involved in a car accident caused by an uninsured motorist. The uninsured motorist was traveling in front of the clients when he made an illegal U-turn striking the clients’ vehicle. The granddaughter had some minor injuries, including pain in her left wrist, […]
- Matt Sauter Earns $50,000 Car Accident Settlement for Client Hit by Uninsured Motorist - A client of the Sauter Sullivan law firm was involved in a car accident caused by an uninsured motorist. The client had an insurance policy that offered $25,000 in uninsured motorist coverage; however the client owned two vehicles. Matt Sauter was able to get the insurance company to agree to stack the coverage, and the […]
- FAST RESULTS: $25,000 Policy Limit Settlement for Rear-End Collision Causing an Eye Injury to a 6 Year Old Girl - A 6-year-old girl was in the back seat of her mother’s vehicle when they were involved in a rear-end collision on Skinker Blvd in St. Louis City. The little girl’s seat belt pulled loose upon impact and the girl was thrown forward into the console of the front seat where she was struck in the […]
- FAST RESULTS: $25,000 Settlement for a One Vehicle Collision - A 23- year old man was driving in downtown St. Louis when a vehicle coming at him from the opposite direction crossed into his lane. The man swerved and avoided the head-on collision but ended up driving onto a sidewalk, hitting a sign and ultimately running into a brick building in a one vehicle collision. […]
- Fast Settlement of $25,000 in Car Accident Caused By Uninsured Motorist - A 25 year old landscaper was traveling in the far right lane on Highway 270 in St. Louis in May of 2014 when another driver attempting to merge onto the highway came into his lane causing a severe car accident. The landscaper’s airbags deployed causing his rear view mirror to shatter and cut his face […]
- FAST RESULTS: $23,000 for Head-On Collision with an Uninsured Driver - A banker in her early 30’s was driving in Downtown St. Louis in March of 2016 when another driver ran a red light, causing a head-on collision. The impact caused the airbag to deploy and the woman was thrown back and forth and side to side in her vehicle. She suffered from neck and back […]