“My Father was always a road warrior, putting over 10,000 miles on the car on vacations when I was a child.  My parents continued their trips after I was on my own until my mother had double knee replacement surgery at 8- years of age.  She could no longer sit in the car for long periods.  Knowing how much my father loved the road, she allowed him to travel on his own if he wanted.  He made two successful round trips from New York to California at the ages of 81 and 82.  In 2003, he went again at the age of 83.  On August 30th he was on his way home, travelling on I-44 eastbound in Franklin County when he was run off the highway by a large RV pulling a horse trailer.  His death was instantaneous and those who caused it fled the scene.  We were from out-of-state and needed somebody locally to help us and Kevin Sullivan stepped in to investigate for my family.  The perpetrators were apprehended and a criminal and civil case followed.  With the loss of my father’s pension and lower social security income, the cost of the home was more than my mother could comfortably afford.  Kevin was instrumental in gaining a significant settlement, which allowed my mother to stay in her home.  Subsequently, I got a phone call from Kevin saying there was a prior recall on my father’s car for seat belt failure to latch.  I was unaware of this.  I found the recall papers and the receipt that the car had been inspected by the dealership to find that the seat belts passed their test for the recall.  But, Kevin didn’t stop there.  Since my father was thrown from the car and I knew he always wore his seat belt, Kevin saw the possibility that the seat belt did fail, despite the test.  He pursued the dealership (in New York) as well as the car manufacturer.  The seat belts in the car were tested in Missouri by the manufacturer and it was found that both seat belts were actually defective.  This was devastating news.  If the seat belts worked, my father might have survived or, if my mother had gone with him, I would have lost both parents.  Kevin filed a civil case against the car manufacturer and was successful in gaining a substantial settlement.  That was in 2004.  My mother had a debilitating stroke in 2008.  This settlement also allowed my mother to live at home with full-time care.  She passed November 15, 2016 at 95, but both she and I will always hold Kevin in the highest regard as an attorney who truly puts his clients first.  He was instrumental initially in my mother being able to keep her home and, subsequently, out of a nursing home.  His professionalism, knowledge, and tenacity make him a superior attorney.  His demeanor, caring, and compassion make him a wonderful person.”