If you were injured in an accident with a distracted driver, Sauter Sullivan can get you the settlement you deserve. Distracted driving is a dangerous epidemic on America’s roadways. In 2016 alone, 3,450 were killed in distracted driving crashes.
Distracted Drivers Cause Car Accidents and Personal Injury.
The distracted driving car accident attorneys at Sauter Sullivan handle all kinds of distracted driver car accident cases, many of which involve personal injury or even wrongful death caused by people guilty of driving while distracted.
Distracted drivers kill thousands of people and cause car accident injuries to over half a million people every year. At any given moment in the day, over 660,000 people are driving a vehicle while using a hand-held cell phone! 16% of distracted driving crashes involve distracted drivers under the age of 20. Distracted driving tasks such as reaching for a hand-held cell phone, dialing, texting and using other portable devices while driving increase the risk of getting into an accident by three times.
Sauter Sullivan attorneys are experts on accidents caused by texting while driving. Driving and texting is by far the greatest cause of car crashes due to distracted driving, because text messaging requires visual, manual and cognitive attention from the driver. Every month, over 1.5 Billion text messages are sent in the US. When texting while driving, the driver’s eyes are off the road and average of 5 seconds…enough to travel the length of a football field while blindfolded at 55mph. And no, headset cell phone use is not substantially safer than hand-held use.
According to the US Government official website for distracted driving, driving while distracted “occurs every time you take your eyes off the road, your hands off the wheel, and your mind off your primary task: driving safely. Any non-driving activity you engage in is a potential distraction and increases your risk of crashing.”
Distracted driving car accidents can cause injuries to…
- The distracted drivers themselves
- Passengers in a vehicle with the distracted driver
- Pedestrians hit by the distracted driver
- People in vehicles hit by a distracted driver
Types of distracted driving that can cause car crash injuries:
- Texting while driving
- Using a cell phone or smartphone while driving
- Eating or drinking while driving
- Talking to passengers while driving
- Grooming (fixing hair, putting on makeup, etc. ) while driving
- Reading while driving (including maps)
- Using a navigation system while driving
- Watching a video while driving
- Adjusting a radio, CD player or MP3 player while driving
To learn more about distracted driving and the dangers surrounding the use of cell phones and other electronic devices while driving, visit the U.S. government’s website at www.distraction.gov.
Verdicts and Results involving distracted drivers
- $5.2 Million Settlement in Delivery Van Accident Case - In July of 2011, a mother was stopped at a traffic light with her 9 year old son and 11 year old daughter on Illinois route 15 in Belleville, Illinois. The driver of a commercial delivery van / truck was using his cellular phone instead of paying attention and slammed into the back of the […]
- Sauter Sullivan Gets An $850,000 Settlement for Client Hit By Drunk Driver - Kevin Sullivan at Sauter Sullivan represented a 37 year old construction worker named Robert “Bobbie” Wilson. He was on his way home shortly after midnight on Highway 270 when he was hit by a wrong way drunk driver. He had a burst fracture in his back at L-3 and injuries to his right toe and […]
- Nearly $233,000 for 18-Wheeler Driver Hit by a Drunk Driver - Christopher Geldmacher represented a 42 year old professional truck driver who was on the job driving an 18-wheeler when he was struck head on by a drunk driver heading the wrong way on the interstate. The truck driver was in Collinsville, Illinois heading northbound on Interstate 255, when the collision occurred. The drunk driver hit […]
- Chris Geldmacher Gets $225,000 Car Accident Settlement for Woman Involved in Two Car Accidents in One Month - In August of 2018 a woman was involved in two car accidents in one month in North St. Louis County, Missouri. The woman suffered pain in her neck and lower back. So, she went to the emergency room, and then followed up with a chiropractor. Despite multiple treatments her pain persisted. The chiropractor order MRIs […]
- $102,000 Settlement for Neck Injury in Rear-End Collision - Attorney Christopher Geldmacher of Sauter Sullivan, represented a 47 year old woman from South St. Louis who rear-ended at the Ballas Road exit from I-64/40 west. The woman was stopped and waiting for traffic to clear so she could turn right when an inattentive driver struck her from behind. The woman required chiropractic care after […]
- Sauter Sullivan Gets $95,000 for Client Injured in Motorcycle Accident - Carolyn Caruthers of Sauter Sullivan LLC took the case of an out of state motorcyclist who was injured when a Cadillac Escalade struck her while driving her motorcycle on I-270 in St. Louis. The driver of the Escalade was looking at her cell-phone while driving in the center lane when traffic slowed; the driver swerved […]
- Truck Accident Victim’s Pain, Emotional Trauma & Anxiety Yields $80,000 Settlement - A licensed practical nurse in her 50’s was stopped at a traffic light in a line of cars on Greenmount Road in Shiloh, Illinois. The driver of an 18-wheeler semi-truck was not paying attention, looking through his delivery papers as he drove, and slammed into the last vehicle in line at a high rate of […]
- FAST RESULTS!: Motorist On A Cell Phone Causes Car Crash; Sauter Sullivan Client Quickly Awarded Over $10,000 Plus Medical Expenses - A motorist on a cell phone rear ended a woman’s car, injuring the victim’s neck and causing a concussion. The injured woman required physical therapy after she was released from the hospital. She contacted the Sauter Sullivan Law Firm for help and Matthew Sauter took the case. Sauter got a fair settlement on her behalf […]